Mules are, indeed, amazing pets for the right owners. They are intelligent, socially interactive, hardy, and hardworking in all conditions and seasons – more than their parents. They are great family partners, but, unfortunately, owing to their odd chromosomes number and other reasons, there are less than 10 million mules left in the world right now. Still, if you were lucky enough to own a mule and are having trouble naming it, we have compiled a diverse list of mule names to help you with your quest to find a suitable name for your friend.
Did You Know?Mules have served various purposes during the first world war. They carried weapons, food items, and even wounded soldiers. Due to their increased demand, their population significantly increased in Europe.
Mule Names Female
Mule Names Male
|Big Brown||Bingo||Black Cloud||Boston|
Cute Mule Names
Funny Mule Names
Mules are intelligent, hardworking, and tough creatures. But, sometimes, they can be funny too. If yours is the one like those, here are some humorous monikers for it:
|Al Capony||Bartholomule||Benjiman||Bill Shut|
|Biscuit Eater||Bitney Spurs||Bouncey||Brangelina|
|Buckaroo||BuckleUp Buttercup||Burnt Tostada||Burrito|
|Casa Nova||Chester Drawers||Divorce Settlement||Doppelganger|
|Enchilada||Felipe||Ferris Mueller||Fiscal Impact|
|Francis||Frosted Flake||Gluteus Maximus||Gus|
|Honk||Hoof Hearted||Hoosier Daddy||Jonass|
|Lazy Potato||Loper Boss||Mane Attraction||Marcas|
|Mischief||Mr. McWhinney||Mr. Thomas||Neigh Sayer|
|Pony Montana||Pony Soprano||President||Runner|
|Sassy||Second Mortgage||Shrek||Sofa Can Slow|
|Sparkling Lettuce||Spud||Waffles||With Grace|
Farm Mule Names
Mule Names Starting With Certain Alphabets
Mule Names Starting With A
Mule Names Starting With B
Mule Names Starting With D
Mule Names Starting With M
|Magic Night||Master||Mok Box||Mulder|
Miscellaneous Mule Names
|Jimbo||John Deere||John Henry||Jughead|
Here are some well-known donkeys whose names can be used for mules as well. You can choose from these based on the personality type of your mule pet.
- Benjamin: Benjamin is an intelligent character from the famous novel Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- Brighty: It is an adorable character from Brighty of the Grand Canyon, a children’s novel of 1953.
- Conchita: Conchita is the pet donkey of the National Federation of Coffee Growers. If you are into coffee, you can name your mule based on this delicious beverage.
- Dickey, Florence, Jacquot, Jenny, and Tewfik: These are some of the famous donkeys of Queen Victoria.
- Dominick: Dominick, also known as the Italian Christmas Donkey, is part of Lou Monte’s album. It is still a Christmas favorite in several Italian-American homes.
- Donkey: Donkey is a famous character from the American animated movie Shrek. He is an upbeat and chatty being.
- Edward: Edward is a sweet protagonist from The Story of Edward, a children’s book by Phillipe Dumas, which is a famous story of all time.
- Eeyore: It is a character from the famous children’s book Winnie the Pooh. He is Pooh’s best friend but a pessimistic and depressed fella.
- Francis: It was an army mule character played by Molly the mule in the 1950s. Molly was well trained for the job and received the Picture Animal Top Star of the Year award for his outstanding performance.
- Jasper: Jasper: The Story of a Mule is an animated film that tells the story of a mule named Jasper.
- Small One: Small One is a famous character from a 1978 Disney animated film. It was the youngest of four siblings.
How to Select a Mule Name?
Frankly, naming a mule is not a big deal. Thanks to their Equus ancestry, mules can have relatable names to either horses or donkeys. Usually, mules deserve simple and cute names; however, the names that have a tincture of amusement, such as funny mule names, are fine as well. You can also go for copying the name of any fascinating and attractive item or person around you for naming your mule.
Here are some tips to make mule names selection more fitting and easier:
- Similar Animals: As discussed earlier, mules are closely related to horses and donkeys and hence can have a share in their names. For instance, if your mule is funny, you can assign him a title from funny horse names. Nevertheless, you can choose names from other related animals as well, such as the zebra.
- Initial Letter: It is a good idea to assign your mule a name with the letter ‘M’ as its initial since it is the first alphabet of the animal name itself. Besides being catchy, it will also be easy to remember. Select the one from the list of mule names starting with the alphabet ‘M’ given just above.
- Color: Mules come in a variety of colors. To make things easy, select the name of horses hued in color similar to your mule. You can check black, white, and grey horse names as these are the common colors in mules too.